Bereaved Partner

If you are the bereaved partner or child of someone who has had settled status in the UK, or served in HM Armed Forces, you may be eligible to apply to remain in the UK in your own right. We appreciate that the emotions of losing your partner or parent can be turbulent enough without the added uncertainty of not knowing if you will now be permitted to remain in the UK. Whether you are permitted to stay in the UK, and on what basis, will be dependent on the particulars of your individual case. This is likely to depend in most cases on the visa category for which you are currently in the UK, the UK status of your deceased partner/parent and how long you have been in the UK. We will assess your case on an individual basis and advise you of the steps you must take to help secure your future here in the UK. Rest assured that we will do everything we can to alleviate any concerns you may have.

If you require our assistance, please feel free to give Baker Chase Solicitors a call on 0161 639 1888, email us at or simply click the ‘Contact Us’ button on this page. One of our friendlyexperienced and professional solicitors will be more than happy to assist you in any way we can.